Check out the Frequently Asked Questions below to find your answers. If your question is not answered, contact us by filling out the contact form.
Is the festival accessible for all ages?
Yes, the festival is happy to welcome festival-goers of all ages. Children aged 12 and under will be admitted to the festival free of charge when accompanied by an adult with a valid Metro Metro festival pass.
Please note that only festival-goers aged 18 and over will be admitted to the VIP areas and boxes.
When is the event?
The 2020 Metro Metro Festival will take place on Friday, May 15, Saturday, May 16 and Sunday, May 17.
Can I rent a locker?
Yes, lockers are available on-site. If you don’t want to carry your personal items all day, you can reserve a locker now with Locketgo and be in peace. More details to come.
How do I get to the event by public transportation or by car?
It is possible to get to the festival by subway by exiting at Pie-XI Station. In addition, several incentive parking lots are available directly on the site of the Olympic Park for festival-goers who wish to get there by car. Several street parking around the site will also be available.
What happens if it rains?
Rain or shine, the festival will take place! Dress accordingly to the weather conditions. Extreme weather conditions may force us to take a break from a performance. Don’t worry, you’ll be notified if this happens!
Will entry and exit be allowed during the festival?
It will be forbidden to leave the site after entering. If you leave the site, you will not be allowed to return to the site afterwards.
Tickets, passes and vip experiences
What is the difference between General Admission and VIP?
The General Admission pass gives access to the festival, therefore to the artists’ performances and to the food and drink concessions on the site.
The VIP pass gives you access to a fast and dedicated entrance to the site, to the VIP terrace giving a breathtaking elevated view of the Motorola stage (main stage), to private toilets, as well as to dedicated food and drink concessions.
Where can I buy my festival passes?
You can buy your tickets here!
Security & Accessibility
Will I be able to find security on-site?
Yes. Security guards will be on the festival site at all times. You will be able to reach out to them if there is a problem.
Is there an access on-site for people with reduced mobility?
Yes, the Metro Metro Festival is accessible to anyone with permanent or temporary mobility difficulties (cast limb or injury preventing mobility) who uses a manual or electric wheelchair, a triporter, a quadriporter, a multipod or white cane, crutches, a walker, or a guide or assistance dog.
What are the regulations regarding cannabis?
It is possible to possess 30 grams of dried cannabis or its equivalent in a public place. Only the Société québécoise du cannabis (SQDC) can retail cannabis in Quebec, which means that it is prohibited to possess cannabis from any other source. In addition, it is prohibited for persons under the age of 21 to possess cannabis. No sale of cannabis is permitted on the site.
What objects are allowed on the festival site?
Here is a list of the allowed items on the festival site, no other objects will be allowed, no exception :
- Digital, disposable or non-professional cameras (no professional video and audio equipment – detachable lenses – is permitted at the festival);
- One empty water bottle per person or an empty hydration bag (100 oz max) (water systems on-site) ;
- Sunscreen (250 milliliters maximum format – except sunscreen in flammable aerosol cans);
- Small backpacks and bags/purses (16 in x 16 in maximum) (please note that all bags will be searched – if you want to enter faster, come WITHOUT a bag);
- Beach towels and blankets ;
- Cushion with a non-rigid back frame ;
- Raincoats ;
- Small umbrellas ;
- Snacks in sealed packaging (example: chewy bars) ;
- Lighter and matches ;
- Cigarettes (Packs must be full and sealed) ;
- Vaporizers (Refills and e-juices are not permitted) ;
- Banners/Flags or posters handmade (without metal or wood posts) ;
- All SQDC products are permitted, but absolutely need to be in their original container (sealed) with an intact governmental seal (this includes pre-rolled joints and edibles). 30 grams max per person allowed.
Prohibited items will be confiscated. We recommend you not to bring those items to the festival site to avoid any inconvenience.
Where will the event take place?
The festival is held on the Olympic Park’s Esplanade in Montreal.